Set on more than 31 acres of Brewster woodlands, Nan-Ke-Rafe is truly a world away. Peace, solitude, and nature’s respite make for a perfect retreat. There is a rustic sense about the camp – a simplicity that beckons quiet contentment and the opportunity to reconnect with family and friends.
- Eight cabins – each with two rooms and a full bathroom, sleeps up to six.
- Dining hall
- Outdoor eating area
- Post and Beam barn for activities (coming soon)
- Bathhouse and shower facility
- All-access playground
- Rafe Pond
- Outdoor amphitheater with fire pit
- Large, multipurpose ball field
- Meal service and programming available upon request (kitchen is only available to renters when meals prepared by Dream Day staff or pre-approved catering entity)
Camp Nan-Ke-Rafe is nestled in Brewster’s 1900-acre Nickerson State Park. During your stay, you’ll have access to bike paths, boat ramps, playgrounds, a nature center, and the park’s many beaches and ponds, with beach wheelchairs available.
To find out just how affordable your camp trip can be you can download our rental rates PDF here: 2020 Rental Rates If you have any questions or are ready to plan your stay with us, please send us an email at ED@dreamdayoncapecod.org.
People often wonder where the name Camp Nan-Ke-Rafe came from. Truth be told, the name dates back years before we occupied the property. The camp property was originally a Campfire Girls camp.
NAN is for Nancy Jeannette Wills, a young girl who lived too short a life, and the property is dedicated in her honor.
KE is a traditional Native American linking word. And,
RAFE is the name of the pond adjacent to the property – now home to our turtle friends!